OPI has released a NEW LED lamp…. So this new white one (I have not used or even seen yet) Is lighter (its plastic) than the old black metal version. Overall I believe they work the same… but well go over some of the features further down…
Update: There is a new 3rd lamp… that is a “dual cure” it’s LED, but has two levels of curing? It is INSANLY priced at this point though.
Old Black LED Lamp:
Video About the Lamp (it is not my video!)
This is the lamp I currently have… I’m convinced its indestructable. So far mine has been dropped, pulled off the table by the dogs and ive had it for about 2 years with NO issues at all. Sadly this lamp is getting harder to find and you may have to search amazon/ebay etc to find it and its more expensive.
Here are some of the features:
- 30 Second Cure Times (15, 30, 45, 60)
- 50,000 Hours of Performance
- 1 Year Warranty
- Low Voltage
- Saves Energy
- Absolutely Zero Parts Need Changing
- 32 Targeted LED Lights
- Open Bottom
- Adjustable Feet on the Bottom For Pedicures
- Does Have An Adapter For The Tru Light (See Below)
Tru Light Adapter for OPI LED Lamp (Black version only!)
I think OPI Missed the boat on this one… This is my by far favorite LED Light to assist with painting… Hopefully they’ll wise up and make an adaptor for the new Studio Lamp.
Studio LED Lamp
This information is taken from the OPI Word News from July 2015. Ive heard from people that if you do swatching it does not stay on unless your hand is in there (bummer). Supposedly ive also hear it is supposed to sense the thickness of the polish and determine the legth of cure needed…. If i even get a chance to put my hands on this I’ll let everyone know.
- 32 Strategically Placed LEDs For Even Fiver-finger Curing
- Finger Guides For “Smudge-free” Hand Placement everytime
- Sensor Activated “on” and “off”
- Manual “off” Button
- 15, 39, 45 and 60 second memory setting
- Automatic 30 second default setting
- Ideal for all hand sizes
- Removeable hand plate for pedicures
- 67,000 hours of performance
- 1 year warranty
So over all they are basically the same… I think the major reason for the price difference is OPI wants people to purcahse the new lamp they are pretty affordable!! Check out the link below if your intreated in purchasing.
I sadly know nothing about this lamp it’s BRAND new I dont think its actually “available” yet (as of July 2017)
To Purchase Please visit: Purchase OPI Products – Use Us as a Referral!